Punta Arenas Climate & Temperature
- Punta Arenas, Chile is at 53°0'S, 70°50'W, 38 m (125 ft). See map.
- Punta Arenas has a subpolar oceanic climate that is mild with no dry season and moderate seasonality. Summers are cool and short (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfc).
- The mean annual temperature is 5.9 degrees Celsius (42.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 9.4 °C (16.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 5.3°C (41.6°F) on average falling to 0°C (32°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 10.3°C (50.6°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 3°C (37.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 14.7°C (58.4°F) and average low temperatures are 6.7°C (44°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 10°C (50°F) during the day and lows of 3.7°C (38.6°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 375.7 mm (14.8 inches) which is equivalent to 375.7 Litres/m² (9.22 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Punta Arenas you would come out nearest to the climate station at Ust-Barguzin, Russia (Boreal moist forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Punta Arenas, Chile Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Castro, Chile - 1190.6 kms (739.8 miles) NNW
- Esquel, Argentina - 1120 kms (696 miles) N
- Quellon Dromo, Chile - 1118.1 kms (694.8 miles) NNW
- Futaleufu, Chile - 1093.8 kms (679.7 miles) N
- Alto Palena Dromo, Chile - 1044.6 kms (649.1 miles) N
- Puerto Aysen Dromo, Chile - 856 kms (532 miles) N
- Coyhaique-Teniente Vida, Chile - 839.9 kms (521.9 miles) NNW
- Balmaceda Puerto, Chile - 790.8 kms (491.4 miles) N
- Chico, Chile - 716.7 kms (445.4 miles) N
- Lago Argentino, Argentina - 316.9 kms (196.9 miles) NNW